BUIP203: Andrew Clifford for B.U. President

BUIP203: Andrew Clifford for B.U. President
Submitted: 9 November 2023

Background

The current two-year term for the Bitcoin Unlimited president expires 21 January 2024.

B.U. Governance

Day-to-day matters are handled by the President, Secretary and lead Developer. This has worked well since B.U. was founded. My first aim will be to continue this protocol.

Nexa

On 21 June 2022, B.U. Development launched the Nexa blockchain. Because of prior publicity to ensure a fair launch, it transpired that not even block #1 was mined by our group! This is a microcosm of the ethos B.U. carries into Nexa. We wish to ensure equal opportunity for all Nexa users and investors to benefit from our 3rd generation cryptocurrency. My second aim will be to ensure this ethos continues as Nexa grows its ecosystem.

B.U. has always adhered to onchain-scaling as the best model for Bitcoin. This is continuing with Nexa, and our Road-Map reflects it. My third aim is to help in any administrative capacity to facilitate completion of the Nexa Road-Map items.

Incorporation

B.U. Incorporated has functioned as the organization’s financial and legal entity for the last two years. This ongoing responsibility is managed by the BU President.

Conference

It remains my intention to progress a Nexa conference, hopefully in 2024.

Final Words

My aim will be to continue good stewardship of the BU voting process, helping to facilitate the growth of Nexa. I will continue to ensure the membership’s collective will is reflected in all passed BUIPs.

As previously, the high-level mission continues. I will improve facets of BU’s operation with the goal of realizing peer-to-peer decentralized currency for the world.

4 Likes

----BITCOIN MESSAGE----
BUIP203: Accept
----BITCOIN SIGNATURE----
H4V5pMqRMTgmo8wKTAtJerrZWo7ITMjYNz3btYi2ogs8Obk1lAvqfJPaX6XTrsDL+JQ8AShTVD4khh/4CoWCeMc=
----END SIGNATURE----

1 Like

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
BUIP203: Accept
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
H7UrFjze6JX/4Qsgw+MjSH3eZKBDtTuyaxtwHb4I94IyEM7sqDSJDhXdYJMVl4Rgu8+WtaezBiucNiCKQK6ZAJM=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----

1 Like