### Announcing the next BU Vote: 15-20 October 2021 ###

Thank you, @freetrader, for the reminder. Unfortunately, that email address of ours has suffered from substantial spam for a long time and your message was overlooked.
I will reflect your decision in our voting system.

I confirm successful verification of your email message text.

3 Likes

Does VotePeer support only allowing a selected group of identities to vote (the BU members)?

And I assume that most here will get a new identity key on VotePeer.
What is the process to provide you with the new identity @solex ?

Hey @torusjkl!

Yes, VotePeer supports adding identities to an the election. It also support adding identities to groups that can be used when creating elections.

For the test run a new identity will be created when opening the android app.

We are currently working on process documentation for the test run: https://gitlab.com/nerdekollektivet/buip129-meta/-/issues/82

1 Like

Calling BU members! :phone:

Please advise whether you are interested in helping test the VotePeer application for this parallel run exercise. The more the better. Note that it is still necessary to cast a vote in the BU website voting system for the official count on this voting event. We will ask for UX/UI feedback afterwards in order to make improvements such that VotePeer can be used in following BU voting events.

As @jQrgen has mentioned to @torusjkl, we need to load up new identities into the Bitcoin Unlimited group on VotePeer. All we need at this stage is you to create an identity on VotePeer (android app or https://voter.cash website) and obtain a bech32 address for signing votes.
For verification reasons, please post your new VotePeer id and public address in a reply to this thread.

1 Like

bitcoincash:qzrv6wyxft7tmpavw4qy496jr8534u8fayxchl8gff

1 Like

Thanks, @79b79aa8 for this.

Great stuff!

All other members, please post your generated address from the VotePeer app under menu->“identity” to participate in the VotePeer-October test election:

If you have any questions, bug reports or feedback, feel free to post in this thread or the VotePeer telegram group.

WARNING: Do not send large amounts of funds to the VotePeer app. The app is now in a test phase and not stable yet, loss of funds may occur. Also: there is no direct functionality to send funds from VotePeer now. Mnemonic can be exported.

1 Like

this is the identity I just created with the VotePeer app

bitcoincash:qr8xuxxlxzkf75m3q37xd6m5wjncc6nahyxed6rwu5

@solex do I need to sign this new identity with my “old”/“usual” voting key ?

1 Like

This is my identity on VotePeer:
bitcoincash:qp4yckye7hsewgnexf7a6z6z803vlsd7pgjszt5tln

1 Like

Yes. We will all do this before a full go-live cutover for future voting events, but it is not essential for the parallel run at this October 2021 event.

bitcoincash:qq80jzgde7xhksp4epatge2u32k8kqlw0ggfveqkp6

The VotePeer test group comprises these identities so far:
VotePeer Bitcoin Unlimited G1 Group

1 Like

I jolted down a: BU_TEST_README.md

Please reply here or contact me here if anything is unclear, confusing or not working.

1 Like

My Identity from VotePeer Test Identity:

bitcoincash:qzq9wpght3pp2ssmnzzdw4emckscx7mqkv0dyqs4h0

1 Like

Thanks @AdrianX, I have added you to the BU group G1
Three final BUIPs are open for voting on VotePeer.

1 Like

I dont like the fact that the app uses BCH payment, this is another privacy concern, I’m exposing a link to my payment history and potentially my BCH stash.

If making a payment is non negotiable, One way around that is to have a BCH pool of funds that get sent to members to vote with. All blockchain analytics would then trace back to BU.

One major item of feedback from the parallel-run is to change the funding model, so that the election host pre-funds the election and no participant needs any funds. This will be the case next time. In theory, the voting app could support addresses from other crypto as well, but that is a new point for discussion.

1 Like

Warning:

Autofill on your device might have recorded your mnemonic if you have recovered it from a backup mnemonic :sweat_smile:.

In that case:

Go to setting —> Controls —> Language and inputs —> keyboard and input methods –> (setting icon) behind your keyboard type — > predictive text –> clear personal data
Source: How do you delete autofill on Android keyboard?

Update to VotePeer disabling AutoFill when recovering deploying now and available soon on google play (v4.3.1375+) Pipeline · Nerdekollektivet / VotePeer Android App · GitLab

:angel: :innocent:

1 Like

my app crashed. :unamused:

I downloaded the app from the APK link.

I funded my address

on the logon screen i saw 3 BUIPs

I clicked the first one.

I looked to see the previous votes (cant remember the link name as the app does not load an election.)

I voted (unconfirmed funds)

I refreshed the vote page, and clicked view on blockchain explorer. (super impressed to see a BU explorer. )

I then went back to the app and got this error:

Screenshot_20211019-135630_VotePeer

I reloaded the page and got this error:

Screenshot_20211019-135900_VotePeer

I closed the app and launched it again on launch it took a long time to connect then displayed the first screen.

Hey!

Thanks for the detailed bug report. Appreciate it. Honestly.

I have deployed a bugfix to google play.

There is also a direct download-link to the latest .apk (“App”) file here, if you don’t bother waiting for the google play-bots to let the VotePeer app into their wallet garden :slight_smile:

jQrgen.

2 Likes