BUIP167: Hire talent to conduct consensus building work
Submitted by: Jonathan Silverblood
Bitcoin Unlimited should create a new position dedicated to work that helps build consensus primarily for internally developed features, and for development of features that concern Bitcoin Unlimited as a full node software on the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) network.
Bitcoin Unlimited should allocate 30,000 USD annually to finance a new consulting position. This positions primary focus is to build consensus for Bitcoin Unlimiteds protocol improvement proposals through the CHIP, or similar, process. The position should also do similar work for proposals that concern Bitcoin Unlimited as a full node participant in the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) ecosystem.
The position should perform tasks such as:
- Stay up to date on published protocol improvement proposals.
- Maintain a relation with proposal owners for the duration of relevant proposals.
- Draft new and update existing protocol improvement proposals for features developed within BU.
- Help identify current and future stakeholders for relevant proposals.
- Maintain a relation with stakeholders for the duration of a relevant proposals.
- Inform stakeholders about updates and changes to a proposal, and request feeback as appropriate.
When necessary, the position should prioritize proposals that originate from BU, then proposals that are deemed to be on-time and have a higher likelihood of becoming part of the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) protocol.
Bitcoin Unlimited currently identify Bitcoin Cash (BCH) as the most likely blockchain canditate to enable peer to peer electronic cash, and in order to increase the likelihood of success Bitcoin Unlimited is spending resources to build and improve on full node software for Bitcoin Cash. This proposal intend to help bring such improvements and more features and improvements to the Bitcoin Cash protocol.
Over the years it has become clear that good ideas are not enough. Bitcoin Unlimited as an organization have significant talent and expertise to research possible improvements to the Bitcoin Cash protocol. However, many of the ideas that have originated from Bitcoin Unlimited have failed to become part of Bitcoin Cash network.
30,000 USD Annually